Securing Your Future While Protecting Your Privacy
When couples have complex personal and commercial financial portfolios including property, business interests, stock options, retirement accounts, pensions, executive bonus packages, books of business, and active and passive asset depreciation, it’s vital to ensure an accurate valuation of family property and debts both at the start and end of the relationship. In addition to marriage agreements, divorce/separation and property division, our services include finding the right jointly-appointed financial experts which may include real estate appraisers, business valuators, art appraisers and forensic accountants.
- Thorough opening and closing inventory and valuation of family assets and family property;
- Excluded property calculations and tracing of excluded property and family assets;
- International family property division issues;
- estate freezes, family trusts, corporate rollovers, butterfly transactions, impact on valuation of different share classes;
- Income taxes, capital gains taxes, RRSP’s and corporate tax implications related to valuation and division;
- Valuation of business entities, professional practices, partnerships, or other interests;
- Retirement as it affects the payment of spousal and child support;
- Valuation of pensions and retirement or executive compensation packages;
- Analysis of trust funds and beneficial interests and valuations;
- Division of family debts;
- The impact of remarriage on spousal support;
- The need for consideration of inheritance planning for children on remarriage;
- Exceptions to child and spousal support for high income earners;
- Self sufficiency objectives for partners leaving long marriages or relationships;
- How excluded property including pre-relationship property, gift and inheritances are affected by joint registration or ownership of same;
- premarital and cohabitation agreement drafting and negotiation.
If you require more information or assistance with matters dealing with family law contact us today at 416-488-4110 or toll-free at 1-855-296-3191 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.